Thursday, December 16, 2010

My Grandma... My Inspiration

Through the years my grandmother has become more and more of an inspiration to me as I've gotten older and more into the fashion industry.  When my grandmother finished high school she studied fashion design which is what I got my degree in.  She had her own line of jewelry, painted in her spare time, modeled, and was even one of the original Columbia Pictures (lady that holds the torch at the beginning of movies) logo.  She was Miss. Los Angeles County in the Miss. America pageant in 1947.  "1947 was the first time that the Miss. America contestants wore two-piece swimsuits in competition"(http://www.missamerica.org/our-miss-americas/1940/review.aspx).  

To me, my grandmother is iconic.  Her sense of style is and always has been impeccable and timeless.   My hats off to you Grandma.  I love you and you continue to inspire me each and every day.  


No comments:

Post a Comment