Thursday, March 22, 2012

Concept Fashion Week Day 2 - Jen Awad Show



















 The Jen Awad show was definitely more my speed.  I can see almost every one of her pieces living in my closet.  Her line consisted of wool, metallic fabric, satin, fur and extreme hardware.  I was definitely feeling the rocker, boho chic vibe her show gave off.  A few of my favorite pieces in her collection were the tailored cropped biker jackets with zipper details, both in black and hot pink, the high-waisted bloomer shorts(I'm bloomer obsessed) and her pants suit.  I was also very happy she decided to use color in her collection.  After a weekend full of colorless collections, a little splash was refreshing to see.
I also spotted a new trend at this show, wearing sheer thigh highs as an accessory.  I jumped on the thigh high trend a couple years ago and have always loved it thanks to one of my all time favorite movies, Clueless, however I never saw sheer thigh highs being worn until tonight and I'm all about it! I also noticed Blogger's Teresa Marino and Emily Kolberg wearing this trend to the show.  
The statement lipstick the models were wearing was also an A in my book.  You can't ever go wrong with a pop of color!
Alysha stylexperiments and I ready for the show to start 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment